Sunday, January 5, 2014

Orange Peel Sugar Scrub

Orange Peel Sugar Scrub


Here is a recipe for a deliciously sweet sugar scrub!

With winter in full swing, my skin gets dry and flaky. I'm horrible about not using lotion, because I'm usually grabbing Gray out of the tub too, getting her dressed, and chasing her around. Lotion, is not exactly on my mind.

So I turn to scrubs to keep my skin soft, flake free, and in this case smelling delicious!


Materials:
Glass container for storage
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4Tbs Almond Oil
1Tbs Olive Oil
Zest of 1 Orange


Start by zesting your orange. Make sure you use a microplane or something similar because you want very tiny pieces. Watch Those Fingers!!


Zest likes to hide on the back of the grater, so make sure you scrape all of that goodness off.


Add your sugar and zest to your glass container. Mix it well, muddling it some to help release the oils of the orange


Add your oils a little at a time, stirring them in with the sugar mixture.


Finish the container off with a label if it's a gift, or a decorative bow and enjoy!
Kiss your winter skin ~GoodBye~


*Just a tip- I try not to use a scrub more than twice a week. Your skin needs time to recover after a good exfoliation*

source:http://gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com/2012/01/tutorial-orange-peel-sugar-scrub.html

No comments:

Post a Comment